Monday, 5 October 2026
2044
"I remember that night so very well", says Kenny. "I was seated on the other side of Mom. I had just been baptized and received into the Roman Catholic Church myself exactly one year before you were, Ethan. I could tell it was a profound and hugely impactful experience for you, but you never told me anything further, but strangely, that night I had a dream of you and that boy with the golden hair and green eyes. Of course, now I realize we were all in the Refuge, and that we have at times been virtually living there, but please, it is not for me to tell your tale, friend."
Now, all eyes are on Ethan, we have all forgotten our coffee which stands idly in our almost untouched mugs as we wait for him to continue speaking.
"I at first thought I was having a dream. The young Jesus was seated on my bed, for I had just woken up from a bad dream, and he sat there in front of me, smiling in my face. And yes, Kenny, you were also there, with Kim and Tim, but they looked different and were dressed different, in the loose fitting robes and tunics of ancient Rome, and Tim suddenly seemed very young, and that was when Adrian approached me. He came and stood right between Jesus and me, his eyes fixed upon me, warm, stern and loving eyes. And then I realized I was seeing myself, but in a different form. He was a bit older, perhaps my age now with light pouring from his face and eyes, and was dressed resplendently in gold and emerald green robes. He came closer to me, touched my shoulder with one hand, then took my hand in his, and suddenly..."
Here, Ethan seems unable to continue, appears to be almost gasping for air. He quickly reaches for his coffee, and takes a long, quick draught.
"May I continue, for you?" says Kenny.
"Yes. Please."
"This is what I saw. Tron absorbed Ethan into himself, and the two became one, one being, indivisible..."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment