Wednesday, 7 October 2026

2046

And now I see him, vaguely, briefly, a flicker of light in the grey of our very human everyday, Tron, through the window, emerald and gold undulating in the breeze from atop his white horse, Ráfaga. walking away with our ancient martyr, our wondrous holy saint riding tall and noble on his graceful strong back away from this house, away from us and now he is gone.  Kenny, from Ethan's left, says to me, "I also see him, riding away."  The others appear oblivious, frozen in time, like random pieces of fruit suspended in one of those garish jello salads some of the old ladies used to bring to church luncheon.   But the others appear motionless, even Ethan, as I mention to Kenny, "It looks like this is going to just be our own little secret." Then Ethan looks up at me and says, "Our little secret.  I am not going to forget any of this." "Nor I ", says Carl. "Nor I" , says Francois. Erik is the last to fully return to himself.  He takes a studied sip of his coffee, double cream and no sugar, as he always used to drink it, returns his mug to the end table on his right and says, "Forget what?".  Nobody bats an eye.  Getting up, he says, "Okay if I make more coffee?" "Sure", say I, also getting up, "Here, let me give you a hand."

No comments:

Post a Comment