Sunday 12 February 2017

Gratitude 12

I am grateful for the blessing of colour.  You heard me the first time, Gentle Reader.  I am grateful for the blessing of colour, though I'm sure I didn't need to say it again.  If you are not colour blind, try to imagine your world without colour.  Only in shades of grey, black and white, perhaps with a few touches of sepia.  Like it?  Hmmm....Didn't think so.  Unless you are so highly sensitive that you are absolutely overwhelmed by colour and everything else, I'm sure you wouldn't want to even imagine living without the ability to see and perceive colour.

I think we take colour so much for granted that it doesn't occur to us what a miracle it is.  And to think that we perceive only a small part of the spectrum.  There are animals that see colours that we cannot.  Can you imagine trying to describe the colour green
Image result for green images

Image result for green images

Image result for green images
 to someone who is colour blind.  Or blue?

Image result for blue images  
Image result for blue images

Image result for blue images
Image result for blue images


Orange?

Image result for orange color imagesRelated image


Image result for orange color images


or red?




Image result for red color images


Before reading on, go back to some of these colour images and just look at them long enough to absorb the wonder.

Colour is one of the ineffable proofs of the Divine Plan.  Have a look if you don't believe me

Image result for color images 
Related image


How limited and sad our world would be without green grass and leaves, blue sky, red blood, and purple, orange and yellow flowers.  Think of the miracle of light how it holds in unity all the colours and then we see them through the spectrum or the rainbow


Image result for spectrum images

I am also grateful that I have synesthesia.  If you know what synesthesia is, Gentle Reader, then shout out, "Whoo-Hoo!"  If you happen to have and experience synesthesia, then I want you to shout out, "Whoo-Hoo-HOO!"

There are various forms of synesthesia.  In my case, I see different numbers as colours, as well as letters, days of the week and months of the year.  It is always the same colour value associated with the same numeral digit or letter.  These colours below signify my work phone number:

Image result for yellow images







Related image









Related image















Related image


Here are three digits from my social insurance number

Image result for magenta colour images

Image result for red images

Image result for magenta colour images

No comments:

Post a Comment