Friday 2 January 2015

New Beginnings

I feel hopeful this year.  Perhaps it's because I have had what for me are a couple of good omens.  Wednesday, Near Year's Eve, and Friday, today, the day after New Year's I encountered two of my former clients.  I cannot give any more information about them because of confidentiality but I will say this.  They are both doing very, but very, well.  One thanked me copiously for the impact that working with me had on him and the other didn't need to say anything since wellness and wellbeing were all over him.

I am not so egoistical as to believe that working with me was the magic bullet for either of these people.  I know that it has been our efforts as a team, my coworkers and I, the rehab therapists, case managers, psychiatrists, housing providers and others.  I also know full well that wellness and healing come from within.  Had neither of these people been already determined to recover and do well then there would have been nothing I or anyone else could do for them.

Still, it is so hugely gratifying to know that in my small role on each of their journeys I have been able to play a part, however small.  This I know is going to be a good year.  It will not be without challenges and difficulties but there is also hope.

This is a time for new beginnings.

No comments:

Post a Comment