Monday 26 November 2018

More Limbo

Good morning, Gentle Reader. The computer store was closed yesterday, being Sunday, so I have to bring in my laptop today. I expect things to be up and running by Wednesday, or so, and in the meantime the blogposts are going to be short and sweet. I was one of the speakers at church yesterday, at the end of the service, and had been asked to speak about my experience of God during times of change. I ended up telling them about the conditions that led me to this particular parish, and the vision of interdependence in nature that I had while hiking the cloud forest in Costa Rica recently. I was very well received, with applause, even (they hadn't clapped for the others). I spoke for a while with a man there, around my age, and we have had very different lives. Even though at times I wonder if I am not a full adult for not having married and raised a family, I don't think I have anything to worry about. There are many ways to grow. This fellow had mentioned his children and grandchildren, and I am thinking, wow! One year you're changing diapers and before you know it, you're a grandparent! I could write more, but this is one of the communal computers I am writing at in the living room downstairs and I want to get to my coffee before it gets to stale. In the meantime, I shall be writing in limbo.

No comments:

Post a Comment