Thursday, 23 July 2026
1992
Carl slumps, a dead weight, back into his chair. And now we are feeling a collective exhaustion. Words have failed us. And we all know, even though no one has said as much, that we are never going to be the same again, not after this, but the words somehow are finding their way out of my mouth: "we are never going to be the same again, not after this."
"Do you think he's for real?" wonders Carl.
"How could he not be real", says Kenny, and now he is remembering again. "Yes, it is clear again. I saw a lot of Tron during my twenty-five years in and out of the Refuge. Next to our Lord himself, one of the most beautiful and authentic beings I have ever encountered."
"Did he ever refer to those experiences he just recounted?" asks Erik.
"Often...Yes... Often."
"So now what do we do?" asks Carl.
"we return what is left of the milk to the fridge and wash the glasses, and then go to bed", say I.
"Oh Chris", he says fondly, "Do you know who you really are? You are our Common Sense Guru."
"Thanks. I think...I'm sure I've been called worse things by nicer people:"
"Oh, you're such a flatterer."
Says Kenny, "You never were one to mince words Chris. That is what I've always admired about you...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment