Tuesday, 28 July 2026
1997
Tron is dressed as Ethan. I am tempted, but dare not ask about his robes. "Come in and sit down while I get my ducks together" He comes in, closing the door behind him, which I find a little bit uncomfortable. As he sits down in an armchair, I ask, "How did you sleep last night?" I wonder about commenting, if jokingly about us two being naked together in the bathroom, but think better of it."
"Sleep for me", he says calmly, "is always a vigil. I have been commissioned to watch over various places and situations simultaneously, and that becomes the focus at night, but in the form of restorative sleep. It is what you people call dreams, but are really recollections of visits and visitations of which your memory is always going to remain at best sketchy. Now that I am free from the bonds and limitations of mortality, I have a true and sweeping panoramic view and experience of those realms."
My shoes are on, and everything is in order. "Ready when you are."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment