Wednesday, 29 July 2026
1999
Nobody is up yet, and through the enormous rambling mansion, my ears remain alert, because this silence is complete and actually louder to my ears than an outdoor rock concert. I imagine Tron would be wanting me to guide him around, but he has taken the lead and obediently, like his devoted little shih tzu, I meekly follow. As we descend the steps of the deserted verandah, I try to hurry to catch up with him, but remain lagging behind, as though I am forbidden to consider myself his equal. And really, how could I possibly presume to be peer to a man, so entirely and enervatingly beautiful, who was born more than seventeen hundred years ago, if he is to be believed, a man who was crucified like our Lord, and now walks just ahead of me, immortal... The tulips are still hanging on, but many have already dropped petals, and the irises, especially the golden and deep purples ones, are at their peak.
"It is natural for you to be in love with me", he says, stopping so I can catch up to him. " I came into the bathroom while you were still in it, both of us naked, because this would help bond us together. You are wondering how this could have happened, two homosexual men attracted to each other, without sex entering the picture."
"Yes, I do actually, and I didn't know you are attracted to me."
"After we die, that is to say. Christopher, Christ Bearer, after we die into life, eternal life, our sexual nature does not die with our bodies, but our sexuality is transformed, not as a vehicle for lust , but for divine service, for that was the original divine intention for us, and not, as many clerics mistakenly affirm for mere procreation of the species And you, Christ Bearer, as one who knows himself to be asexual, are already ahead in your game...
I see not one, but two peacocks in the southern magnolia, which now is approaching full bloom of its huge cream coloured dinner plate flowers A blue one on the left, a green one, such as the one I saw in the book and the vision with Tron at the Refuge, on the right. They both appear quiet, stately and unaware of each other, though they appear to be regarding us intently. On one of the three stone benches sits the young Jesus, his green eyes fixed lovingly upon us both. We flank him on the opposing benches, for he is seated in the middle.
"I see you have been in the loving care of my servant", he says, turning to me. "Tron now must return to the Refuge. He overstepped with you this morning, not with malice or selfish intent, but precipitously and now must return for a period of rest. Even in eternity my servants must never be overtried, and for this reason, my friend, and my great love", and now his eyes are on Tron again, "I am returning you home. You have served well and faithfully my servants here, but this morning you began to speak of things to Christopher that he is still forbidden to know, and must wait some years before you can both return to the conversation."
Jesus and Tron both rise up from their benches, he takes hold of both Tron's hands and kisses them on the palms and backs. And now they are both gone. They and the two peacocks...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment