Monday 16 May 2016

Brain Fart

That's right, Gentle Reader.  I have absolutely nothing to write about today.  But I'm writing anyway.  I have committed myself to writing something every day on this thing and I plan to keep on doing this till either my hands fall of their wrists or I contract advanced Alzheimer's.  So, I am going to write about the experience of not having anything to write about.

I simply haven't thought much of my blog today.  Usually when I get home I have a good idea of what I'm going to write about.  There will be a certain idea that won't stop rattling it's cage till I've let it out and then the fun begins.  Not today.  My brain has been a relative blank since I got out of bed this morning.  Not a bad feeling, actually.  Sort of like being pleasantly numb.

I have to admit that this has been one of my cushier work days.  I get paid for six hours after working for only one hour.  It doesn't mean the day hasn't been without it's challenges.  I walked two and a half miles, by choice, to my first assignment.  My client decided he did not want to engage and I walked out vowing  to quit working with the ungrateful little loser as this has happened several times too many.  I went for a walk of about one mile or so, then stopped in a local café for an hour and a half where I worked on my current drawing of a Himalayan Monal:



Awww, what a pretty birdy, and no I am afraid I am not doing it justice but I can only try.

I just found out that I forgot to turn on the oven a half hour after putting in the sliced potatoes.  I was not happy about it at first but I have been able to use the extra time that I have to wait for dinner now to write my blog post, so it's not really a bad trade off.  I also arrived home earlier than usual, just after four.  The explanation?

My second client also cancelled because he wasn't feeling well.  This gave me time for an extra walk, then following a bus ride a forty minute walk, partly in the forest.  Then I sat in a quiet café for another hour of art before seeing my third and last client who took me back to the same café.  Having finished early with my client, I decided against a third visit in said café with my sketchbook again as I had already been there, likewise I eschewed another walk in the woods and just opted instead to go home early.

It's all worked out, everything is done and all my ducks are in a row and I am just waiting for the potatoes to finish cooking.  I am also glad to have my window open again as the douchebags in the social housing building next door are not playing their music loud.  They were a half hour ago and this has been an ongoing problem.  It's like living sometimes in a state of siege.  Fortunately I have the building manager's phone number and he is usually helpful.  The city who is the de facto landlord, is also being supportive.

I'm not a NIMBY by the way.  Just tired of the noise.  I try to remember that these people are often traumatized (like me) live in government subsidized housing (like me) and have other issues that have not affected me but are not likely to make them the nicest neighbours.  But we all belong.  Eh?

It's all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment