Monday 25 February 2019

Nuance 35

Good morning, Gentle Reader. Today, I have some special people in mind as el blanco al día, as we call it in Spanish, or my target de jour, in fractured French, or in English, my target of the day. There has been raised, what could be called a semi-legitimate concern, that some people reading these pages could easily get the wrong message about some things, particularly about some of my struggles with the emotional fallout of dealing with a particularly corrupt Christian institution, otherwise known as the Anglican Church of Canada. Okay, a little more Spanish, here: ¡Oye! Or listen up! Any human institution that purports to represent God on earth is going to be in store for some real problems, not least of all the fact that said institutions are composed of imperfect, fallen and broken human beings. This does not reflect on, nor affect, the truth and reality of the very Gospel of Christ that we represent. So, Gentle Reader, if you are reading this blog primarily in pursuit of more excuses to discredit the Church and the Gospel and to deny God, then please stop reading this blog and stick maybe to Urban Dictionary? Thank you. By the way, GR, it isn't just the church that is flawed and imperfect. I am also flawed and imperfect, and you know something else, GR? You are also flawed and imperfect. And if you are looking for excuses for not turning your life over to Christ, then please seek those excuses elsewhere, on other blogs, other pages, because I am not going to be party to your chronic recalcitrance. Got it? Okay! Why do I write these things? One very white clergyperson has insinuated that this is my way of letting off steam. Oh, but what a bunch of othering crap. Yes, there is a therapeutic release to writing on these pages, that is part of it, but writing this blog is, before and above everything else, a public community service. Even if these little essays are written from my experience, perspective and point of view, it is also with the desire that there will be some resonance for the reader, and that they in turn will be influenced, perhaps even inspired, to think, ponder, meditate, inwardly digest, and open their horizons, if only just a little more. And also to influence positive and constructive activism. I have mentioned already that I have little in the way of resources or powerful connections for vectoring change , but this blog provides me with a voice and a platform. If I didn't think there was value in what I have to say, then I would have simply stuck to Dear Diary, not expecting that anyone would want to read any of this, not even after my death. in the meantime, I will try to be as fair and nuanced as possible. I am also not about to take prisoners. Including you, Gentle Reader. These are honest writings for honest people who desire truth. I am not claiming to write the truth. Thins are going to be filtred through my particular lens and perspective. But this is also my way of opening my perspective a little more, and your perspective too, Duchies!

No comments:

Post a Comment