Saturday 8 June 2019

Life As Performance Art 64

I had a peculiar dream last night. Mount Rainier, the volcano in Washington State was erupting. It was nighttime. Four times it erupted and there were people outside watching it like it was a fireworks display. I have absolutely no idea why it was Mount Rainier and not the much closer Mount Baker, which we can easily see on a clear day. So, I am not really clear as to the meaning of this dream, Gentle Reader. This might have something to do with the hearing I will be attending in ten days when I will be appearing before two archbishops of this Anglican diocese to tell them in full just why the Church should apologize to me. Anyone who has read my series, Brood of Vipers: How I Survived The Anglican Church, written back in January 2016, for anyone else who wishes to read any of the posts, will be aware that I have quite a legitimate claim for such apology and reparations. So, I am wondering if the dream of the volcano might have something to do with this. Because it's a bit further from my backyard, this could also indicate that it isn't a real or present cause for worry. Dreams are just downright weird. I dream vividly, and I almost always experience my dreams as waking reality. I also have a tendency of seeing and meeting and interacting with complete strangers in my dreams, people I have never known in waking life. When I was reading some early dream journals from back in the 1990´s, I saw that in one dream in 1995, someone in a room full of strangers told me that all these people are dead and that they have now become my friends and they are helping and supporting me along the way. Some recent experiences have persuaded me to believe that this is true. But there is still a fine line to walk, because this could also be the stuff of a mental health diagnosis, or at least a passport to Woo-Woo Land, and I am not about to fall for either one of those ruses. The mental health industry, I think with some justification, profoundly distrusts mystical and spiritual experiences. By the same token, because our mental health treatment strategies all presume that God and the Spirit do not exist, then naturally they are going to pathologize anything and everything that does not happen to fit within their limited worldview. I am also aware of the presence of a dead young Mexican. I was wondering about this when I first began to sense his presence last year. Then I just asked him to tell me who he is. I felt directed to look on the internet, in Spanish, for young men recently died in Guadalajara, Mexico (actually it was in Jalisco state, and Guadalajara is the capital). The first page I saw showed the photos of three young men, all film students, age twenty. They had been kidnapped by local drug gangs, murdered and their bodies dissolved in acid. This happened in March of last year. Two of them didn't look at all like the person I had a visual sense of. The other one was the guy I was aware of. No one else could look like that. So, I am praying for this young man, I will not mention his name here, who has made his presence known to me, and that's basically all that I know. kind of creepy, yes. There is a bit more, by the way, but I don't feel it would be appropriate to write further on this page about this young man who appears to have trusted me as his friend, even if I can't see him. And, by the way, I do not have audial or visual hallucinations, these are all intuitive guesses and hunches and nothing more than that. This also reminds me that there is so much that we really don't know about ourselves and the universe, that we cannot scientifically measure, prove or disprove, but it is nonetheless real, and likely we just do not have the capacity for seeing or knowing a lot. Maybe it is better that we just accept and enjoy the sense of awe and wonder as we live in the presence of forces and powers far greater than ourselves. Maybe it's better to accept that and simply move on with each day, giving thanks for this marvellous gift of life we all have and doing what we can to make this world and life a little more meaningful, and a bit better, not just for ourselves, but for others with whom we are sharing this planet.

No comments:

Post a Comment