Tuesday 5 November 2019

It's All Performance Art 9

If no one read this blog would I still be writing it? I think I would, but it is the readership that provides the fuel. And I am not hugely followed. A good day, for me, is when more than twenty people from various countries in the world are reading my drivel. I track it daily. If there's no audience there just ain't no show. Are my words having an impact? I have no idea. But they are being read, and the international sweep of my pages, however modest the readership, is for me something inspiring. I am hoping that people will continue to read this blog long after I'm dead. I think of this project as a legacy, since I will not be leaving any human descendants, and who only knows what's going to happen to the paintings of mine that end up surviving me. If I can influence even one person to live a bit better, differently, more thoughtfully, more carefully, more joyfully, creatively, and more lovingly, then I will have accomplished something, I suppose, anyway. The show must go on. I have been faithfully writing in these pages for almost six years now, every day, with few exceptions or lapses. Will I still be writing here in another six years? It's rather too soon to tell, I would think. This is why I like the internet. Despite the crass commercialization and commodification thanks to Uncle Google and friends, we can still get our stuff out there without having to pay for it. By the way, I just misspelled Google as Goodle, and all autocorrect could offer as the alternative was Poodle! I suppose I'll continue to write. I always seem to have something to say. Will I always have something to say? Who only knows? I often wonder if maybe the best thing I could do for the world and my blood pressure would be just to shut up and enjoy the moment. I don't think that's going to happen. I will continue to enjoy the moment, but not quietly. I am not going out quietly. We'll have to just wait and see...

No comments:

Post a Comment