Wednesday, 2 September 2026
2028
"Wait a minute." Here in my wallet is Nicole's business card for Interchurch Ministries.
"Hello?" she says.
"Hi Nicole, it's Christopher Jones calling, you met me with Chuck last week and then you and I chatted together. "
"Oh, the designated driver. Hi What can I do for you?" And her voice does indicate a very broad smile, half gleeful and half sardonic.
"I am trying to get in touch with Chuck, but can't find his number anywhere. I was wondering if you could get hold of him for me?"
"I was just going to call you and ask you the very same thing. We have totally lost contact with him. I can't find his number, his email, his twitter, his facebook, nothing. No one has seen or heard of him. It is as if he has disappeared entirely off the surface of the earth, or has never even existed."
"That is really peculiar."
"Wait, he did say something about returning to Australia..."
"But how could all his contact info be suddenly obliterated from our records?"
"That is peculiar. Hey Cris, I'm at Baked right now and some customers have just come in. Can I call you back in a bit?"
"Yes, please do."
"Any luck", says Carl.
"Nicole says he has disappeared completely, and also his contact information."
"You will not be hearing from him again", says Ethan...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment