Tuesday, 8 September 2026
2031
"Just listen to you two", says Francois deadpan, rolling his eyes.
"Our imperturbable straight man",quips Carl.
"And don't you forget it ". he replies.
"With everyone kind of scattered", say I, "I'm wondering how we are going to organize meetings and get togethers and suchlike, especially with the future of the mansion being up for grabs."
"There is that", says Carl.
"Any word on the body search?" says Francois.
"They said they'll call me at the end of the day."
"where are George and Jeffrey going to fit in with the changes", say I.
"I'm not altogether comfortable about their being in your condo downtown", says Carl. "They are both alcoholics and all the candy in the world lies there at their fingertips."
"They're leaving", says Francois.
"Oh really?"
"We talked about it yesterday. They, or George, said they do not feel ready for the kind of sustained commitment that is required. Plus, they are both dragging their butts about AA and recovery."
"That is so sad", says Carl, "Sad, and so very frustrating..."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment