Wednesday, 30 September 2026
2042
"That would have been fifteen years ago", says Kenny. "I was already co-owner with your mom at the florist shop, and living with my mom in her condo. Shall I add a little more here, before you proceed, I mean?"
"Sure, go ahead", mumbles Ethan, whom I am beginning to see as just some introverted, inarticulate jock.
"Tim, Kim's son, even though you associate him with Thaddai from the time of Diocletian, is really older than you, by quite a bit Yet you identify them with each other and Thaddai would have been three or four years younger than you. He was already around fifteen or so, when with his mom, he pulled ymefrom the beach to their boat to get me to hospital in Victoria, which now makes him around forty. You would have been but a little nappy pooper of two or three. How can you explain the discrepancy. And Kim, by the way, is soon to turn seventy"
Ethan stammers, and mumbles a bit, then says, "I can't explain any of it."
"Just as we cannot explain it either, given that everyone here has seen you in your glorified form, Adrian, martyred under Diocletian, and in the resurrected glory of Tron in the service of Christ.
"It could be", says Francois" , that all of this is true, but you have had to make all sorts of assumptions in order to fill in the gaps."
"That makes sense", says Carl.
"But that is how I remember it", says Ethan, his eyes widening defensively.
"And", adds Carl, "Anyone who has even just a little bit of wisdom knows just how reliable the human memory can be..."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment