Saturday, 12 September 2026
2034
"You would be thinking of the Desert Fathers", says Carl.
"I am indeed thinking of the Desert Fathers", says Ethan.
"Who were they?" asks Erik.
"When Constantine the so-called Great made the Christian Faith the official religion of the Roman Empire", replies Ethan, "he also committed treason against Christ for which he is still in Purgatory. "Christianity was no longer costly, it was both politically and socially correct and convenient. The representatives and guardians of the Faith soon became arrogant, lazy and corrupt. Declaring Jesus Christ as Lord was no longer a death sentence. so that many saints fled from the corruption that was already festering in the church out into the wilderness where they lived alone or in small collectives seeking daily the face of the living God."
"You believe in Purgatory", says Carl.
"as do I ", says Kenny.
"And I", echoes Francois.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment