Thursday 20 February 2014

I Bust Your Ass

I have nothing to write today, so I am going to write about blogging.  First, I still haven't figured out why I really do this.  I assumed for some time that it was to keep my head from exploding and to prevent me from yelling abusive insults at people who have the power to hurt me.  I suppose it's being effective.  Now I write this thing every day, well, because I have to?  Really, I am busting my ass working overtime to get a couple of projects at work ready for when I return from vacation in early April and frankly, today, when I came home from work to do more work while trying to make dinner without ruining it while still keeping my ducks in a row I almost lost it.  Then, mercifully, a dear friend whose visits I enjoy, cancelled our coffee appointment for tomorrow morning.  A reprieve!  Tomorrow morning I can work on those projects, relatively undisturbed and move forward a bit.
    It is always stressful getting ready for a trip.  Especially a long one.  Arrangements have to be made at work to make sure everything is in on time and clients' needs will be covered while I'm gone and also that I am going to get paid on time so there will be something waiting for me in the bank when I return.  There is getting my things ready, getting laundry done on time to ensure I can pack all the necessary clothes with me (I travel light, if you must know, maybe four shirts and two pairs of pants and maybe a dozen changes each of socks and underwear, extra shoes).  Also there is the need to remember everything.  Did I pay Telus on time, for not one month, but two?  Two months rent in for my darling landlords? Check.  All perishable food eaten with nothing left to turn the fridge into an illicit lab experiment?  Gotcha.  The landlords have my mail key?  Uh-huh.  And so on.  Ah...First World Problems.
     So, I write something in this blog every day.  It is, I suppose, a discipline because I am a writer.  Well, writing doesn't pay the bills but it is like an avocation.  Or maybe more an evocation, and in which case, what am I evoking?  Well, look at the name of my blog: Content Under Pressure.  Not contents because that implies material things, but content, the content of my thoughts and impressions and insights and reactions to things.  And yes, it is all under pressure.  Life can be stressful, my dear, very stressful at times, and I am not at all interested in advising anyone on how to reduce stress because it ain't goin' away for Sunday dinner.  I might have the rare insight on how to cope with stress, move with it, roll with it, dance with it.  We don't need less stress but improved skills of how to work with stress.  Kind of like a dance, a victory dance, a dance of defiance and resistance.  Yeah.  Kind of like Flamenco.  That lovely dance of fire and power, invented by Spanish Gypsies in their defiance against their dreadful Spanish overlords.  Ayyyyyy... Te rompo del culo!!!!! (I bust your ass)

No comments:

Post a Comment