Monday 2 March 2015

First Day in Bogota

I have just wasted a half hour trying to access my email account with Yahoo.  Because of all the damage that has been done by cyber scum the precautions have taken on a sense of paranoia.  Aso because my computerese is still somewhat limited I had trouble understanding what they were trying to tell me so I will have to try again tomorrow given that my account has been blocked for the next twelve hours and all because of my fumbling.  So I am writing from an internet cafe in  Bogota a few blocks from my bed and breakfast.  The web page for the establishment where I am residing gives misleading information and it is expected that all guests carry their own eloctronic device, otherwise they shouldnt be rich enough to travel.  I also learned, to the embarrassment of the owner that only part of the breakfast is free.  After chowing down toast, jam and coffee, I asked if there was anything else.  Myriam the proprietor did of course have egg on her face, which she is also going to charge me for every morning I am there.  So far these are my only problems except the hassle of getting things ready, finding things out for me, etc.

I like my room.  It faces the garden, is quiet and peaceful.  I will write more tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment