Tuesday 21 June 2016

Burn Out

This is going to be a short post, Gentle Reader.  I am simultaneously bored, tired, exhausted and fed up with the world as presented by the news every day.  On the other hand I am often thrilled, inspired and downright amused by the daily life that I see when I am out in the world.  I can stay home and see or listen to the news and become so paralyzed with terror that I will never leave my little apartment again.  Or I can go out in the real world where I will run into people who are selfish, annoying, friendly, kind, clueless, inconsiderate, funny, beautiful, ugly, and all of the above.  People just like me.

On the bus today a young person offered me a seat in the front.  Later someone came on who needed it more than me so I gave her the seat.  The young person next to me promptly got up and gave me her seat.  Then I got up to give it to a gentleman a bit older than me.

I really believe that there are more good people in the world than others, though the toxic influence of evil can be something deadly and terrifying.  Let's not ignore our shadow but take care not to glorify the darkness.  Let us each in our way light a candle against the darkness, let us look for and reach for the good, the light of Christ burning in each other, in ourselves and in our world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment