Sunday 5 June 2016

Coping With It All

Ah, Gentle Reader, but the world is a very troubled and troubling place.  We have in the United States of America a billionaire imbecile with bad hair garnering enough popular support to make him a credible candidate for the White House and enough selfish myopic idiots to help put him in office.  In the Middle East major portions of land have become uninhabitable because of dictators, Russian warplanes and ISIS creating a refugee crisis of Biblical proportions.  North Korea has the bomb and China is flexing its economic and military muscles.  Africa has its usual problems and Venezuela is coming apart at the seams.  Could it get worse?  Well?

We have so far avoided World War III.  Globally the average human lifespan is longer than ever.  Basic human rights are also enshrining same sex and transgender rights in a growing number of countries.  Capital punishment and torture have been discontinued in more countries than still practice it.  And global warming through climate change threatens to shut down the whole conversation.

Is it really that bad  Probably.  Is it really that good (Windows 10 is once again screwing with my question marks.  Thank you so much, Microsoft!)  On one hand, we in the lovely liberal West enjoy equal rights for women people of all races, genders and sexual orientations with special accommodations for persons with disabilities.  Here in Canada, the Great Envy of the Earth we enjoy universal health care (with notable exceptions) a robust economy (and record poverty and homelessness) and natural beauty as far as the eye can see (through which they are going to run pipelines for environment contaminating bitumen).

I could go on, but I think I am making my point very clearly.  I'm paying too much attention to problems way beyond my reach that I will never be able to solve and that no one will ever listen to me about should I complain and write emails. I really ought to content myself with walks in nature, art, music, friends and good food and outings in nature.  I really ought to focus on the many things I have to be grateful about.  I ought and I ought and I ought...

Is it time to disconnect.  Of course it is.  But first I want to see whats going to happen next.  WTF!  Did you hear what Donald Trump just said!  Goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment