Sunday 29 December 2019

It's All Performance Art 63

Here are some images of some of the birds I am drawing these days, Gentle Reader.  I am rather tired of writing about matters that anguish me, as I am sure you are weary of reading them, so I will try to keep it a bit lighter today.  The idea has been to combine the images of certain birds with a background of a hugely enlarged cut precious stone.  I will begin here with the first.  It is called a yellow tailed oriole from Central America and Colombia (and I think maybe Venezuela)

Image result for yellow tailed oriole images


This bird I placed on a multi-dimensional background of varying shades of mostly darker blue, to represent a giant cut sapphire

Image result for enlarged cut sapphire images  The bird is smaller and fits into the background of the giant stone.

I tried something similar with a golden tailed sapphire hummingbird from Colombia, speaking of sapphires,


Image result for golden tailed sapphire images


Related image


Then I tried a fiery topaz hummingbird from Colombia, I think


Topaza pyra - Fiery Topaz (male); Manacapuru, Amazonas, Brazil.jpg


This was represented on the background of a giant cut emerald



Image result for enlarged cut emeralds images

Then I thought I would try a topaz for a background, speaking of topazes


Image result for enlarged cut yellow topaz images













So, I stuck on top of it a lovely cotinga from Central America

Image result for lovely cotinga images


Now, I am drawing a great sapphirewing hummingbird, also on a yellow topaz
Image result for great sapphirewing hummingbird images

I am going to continue this series to include amethysts, zircons, aquamarines and zircones, perhaps, with appropriately coloured birds to complement them. 

It is interesting doing this sort of art in public places.  One never knows what kind of reaction one is going to generate in others.  For the most part people leave me alone, some try to ignore me, others look and admire or criticized my work from a respectful difference, then there are those who simply come over to say they like what I am doing and we chat for a while. 

It is difficult being an artist among people who are primarily consumers, and only in few cases seem to have really troubled to explore their creativity and perhaps even to discover that they have gifts and I think this is why artists are so often so lonely.   Regular folk find us hard to relate to, because we are not mere consumers and our act of being creative persons is also an act of resistance against a culture that is more an anti-culture of reptilian brain consumerism.

We aren't a separate species, and others would do well to befriend us.

No comments:

Post a Comment