Friday 15 July 2016

Thanksgiving, (The Act Of, Not The Day)

Here are one hundred things I have to be thankful for today:
1. I'm alive
2. I enjoy good health
3. I have good mental health
4. I have a job that I (mostly) like
5. I have a place to live
6. My apartment is affordable to me
7. Despite the nasty games that Microsoft still plays with my computer through Windows 10 while I'm typing I am still able to write this blog
8. I can afford to travel every year, despite my low wage
9. I am able to live well within a budget
10. The usually kind, supportive managers of my building
11. That I have very good friends
12. For nature
13. For the natural beauty in my part of the world
14. For the mountains
15. The ocean
16. The forests
18. The accessibility of beautiful forest hiking trails
19. The beautiful beaches
20. The many parks
21. The beautiful gardens.
22. The many flowers
23. The spring
24. The summer
25. That this is a very walkable city
26. That actions are finally being taken on behalf of the homeless (still got a long way to go)
27. Music
28. My many fine cd's
29. The ability to enjoy music
30. For good food
31. For the clothes I wear
32. For the shoes on my feet
33. For art
34. That I'm an artist
35. For the huge diversity of wonderful birds that I draw and paint
36. For the many fine cafes where I draw
37. For the beautiful neighbourhoods where I enjoy walking
38. For the beautiful clean air, especially when it rains
39. For my very good golf umbrella
40. For my many fine books
41. For my huge library of books in Spanish
42. For my fluency in Spanish
43. For my computer
44. For email
45. For this blog
46. For Skype
47. For my friends in Latin American countries and Spain, especially those with whom I skype in Spanish and English
48. That I can afford a computer, given my low income
49. For my personal freedom
50. That I live in a liberal/social democracy where human rights are (mostly) upheld and honoured
51. For the growing work and interest in protecting the environment
52. For renewable sources of energy
53. For David Suzuki
54. For Justin Trudeau
55. For the beautiful sunset
56. For the birds who live here
57. For the robins
58. For the robins' beautiful song
59. For the house finches
60. For the house finches' beautiful song
61. For the varied thrush
62. For the crows, because they are so intelligent
63. For the ravens, because they also live here
64. For the great blue herons
65 for the herons' nesting colony in Stanley Park
66. For Stanley Park
67. For Queen Elizabeth Park
68. For Trout Lake Park
69. For Queen Elizabeth Park
70. For Commercial Drive
71. For Mount Pleasant
72. For a moral compass
73. For compassionate and supportive bosses
74. For the kindness of strangers
75. For iced Americanos
76. For chocolate
77. For Fair Trade
79. For Costa Rica
80. For Mexico City
81. For resplendent Quetzals
83. For trogons
84. For hummingbirds
85. For peacocks
86. For butterflies
87. For dragonflies
88. For honeybees
89. For honey
90. For what honeybees do to pollinate food crops
91. For YouTube
92. For Spanish videos and documentaries online
93. For sleep
94. For dreams
95. For having a new day to look forward to
96. For today
97. For good health care
98. For the CBC
99. That I don't smoke
100. That I have no addictions

No comments:

Post a Comment