Thursday 21 July 2016

YouTube Lucy

Gentle Reader, I have a confession to make.  I am making this post brief so I will have time to watch the Lucy Show on YouTube.  That's right.  The Lucy Show.  From the Sixties', starring Lucille Ball, Vivian Vance and Gale Gordon.  I am revisiting my childhood, thanks to YouTube.  I don't watch just anything from the Sixties on YouTube.  So far it's just been Perry Mason and now it's Lucy.  I don't know why.  I couldn't be bothered seeing Bewitched or the Flintstones or Gilligan's Island.  I think the first two programs resonated with me when I was a child and I still haven't figured out why.   Perhaps because Lucille Ball reminded me of my mother and Perry Mason won almost every case.  I was inspired by Perry's integrity and thrilled by Lucy's zaniness.

There is only one cure.  Watching it, and watching it and watching it.  Until I have run out of episodes, or till I'm sick of it.  Or both.

No comments:

Post a Comment