Thursday 10 November 2016

Jesus, I Am Coping, Coping...

What more can I say, Gentle Reader?  Two days ago the Dump was elected president of the US.  We are all upset, depressed, sad, angry and we feel so damn powerless.  We feel betrayed.  Right now I am listening to the radio and they are talking about his ridiculous claim that climate change does not exist.  He will be dismantling everything to do with environmental protections and putting the world in accelerated danger.  No wonder we're upset.  The only explanation for such an ignorant idiot in the most powerful leadership position in the world is all the ignorant idiot Americans who voted for him.  Too caught up in rage, resentment, envy and self-pity to think rationally.

This is a sad but inevitable consequence of not making university education universally available.  Without state subsidized post secondary education that emphasizes studying the humanities millions of people, because of poverty, are left in ignorance.  Their worldview remains stunted, narrow and truncated and these same unfortunate dumbasses are allowed to vote!  And they end up voting, alright- for cynical, venal and obscenely wealthy populists who manipulate, lie to and bamboozle them into believing that they are speaking for them and the uneducated, too blinded by rage and hate for their sense of disenfranchisement, are not capable of reflective or rational thought.  They vote with their spleen.

I am finally feeling better, following twenty-four very difficult hours of coping with this bitter reality.  I have decided how I am going to cope.  I will begin by forgiving the Dump and his backers.  They know not what they do.  Then I will proceed with getting on with my life, with attempting to live in an exemplary manner that honours my faith and glorifies the Christ that I serve.  I will live in the moment and enjoy the moment and live a life of thanksgiving and joy and I will continue to try to treat others with kindness and love.

I might not often succeed, but it's an excellent buffer against getting upset over things that I cannot control.

No comments:

Post a Comment