Friday 1 May 2020

Postmortem 27

I will not be cowed by those Anglican hypocrites!  May those whited sepulchres go on rotting in their mausoleums until there is nothing left of them but dust and dry bones.  (and, No, Darlings, that is NOT a death threat.  I have absolutely no intention of doing them, nor anyone else, any harm at all.  I am not a vindictive person.  As a follower of Jesus I am committed to peace and nonviolence.  And I am also committed to speaking truth to power.  Spiritually those people are already dead, and nature is simply going to take her course, as she always does!)

 I have spoken my piece, and have come to one conclusion.  The clergy and bishops of the Christian institutions of our day occupy the same role as the Scribes and the Pharisees of Jesus' day.  This has always been.  Just as they opposed and persecuted Jesus, his disciples and all his followers back in the day, they are still doing this to this very day.  Maybe they can no longer imprison, torture or kill us, but they still have their way of telling us that we are not welcome at the table.

Fortunately they no longer wield state or earthly power.  Had this been so, then the hypocrites that occupy the archdiocese of New Westminster, at the very least, would be giving me Pilates lessons on the rack (and I don't just mean Pontius, but, yeah, him too!).  At the worst, I would be publicly burned at the stake.  And if they were still allowed to get away with such atrocities, then that probably would have been my fate for daring to publicly oppose them.

I have reviewed this situation, and material from my blog with three friends of mine (one of them is also my supervisor at work).  By the way, the reason I call these people my friends, is that they don't tell me what I want to hear.  As real friends, they are also very honest with me, sometimes brutally honest, so they are friends, not flatterers.  Their reactions are unanimous.  They are incredulous that the Archdiocese would sic their lawyer on me, that they would take this kind of extreme measure in order to shut me up.

Institutional Christianity is not the church that Jesus founded.  In fact, Jesus never founded the church.  That came after, when the next generation wanted to codify his teachings and the essence of his ministry for posterity,.  Nothing wrong with that, and a lot that was right about it.  But no one ever anticipated the Church Militant and Triumphant, inaugurated in the fourth century by Constantine the Great, that eventually took on all the trappings, brutality and corruption of any secular governing order, and eventually became a source of absolute state-sanctioned terror to the people of Europe right into the seventeenth century and beyond.

And that is the legacy of the Anglican Church, or the Church of England, which for the first two centuries of its existence went on imprisoning and executing people they didn't happen to like.  No, they do not represent Jesus whom their spiritual progenitors condemned and crucified, and whom they themselves would gladly crucify all over again, given the opportunity, but the monstrous caricature brought forth by Constantine the Great and that continues to this very day, fortunately reduced in power and hobbled by secular and democratic institutions that prevent Holy Mother Church from repeating any of her historic brutalities.

But to sic their lawyer on me with threats of litigation, for merely asking for just and fair treatment through this blog, while elucidating on the Beatitudes as a means of understanding the emotional and spiritual trauma I experienced while in Colombia?  To make such threats against someone who is already vulnerable, poor?  Christians?  I think not!  They are bullies. And bullies tend also to be cowards, which makes them cowardly bullies.  And I have already fired my first warning shot about going public with this, and if the Diocese of New Westminster deigns to cause me further grief, I will be contacting every news media outlet in the English and Spanish speaking world with this information, and then watch them live down the scandal!

I am thoroughly disgusted with this church and here I officially disown the Anglican Church of Canada.  I still want to stay in contact with people in the parish church that I was attending, so I expect to be somewhat present there once worship services are resumed, but not as a participant.

In their classic passive-aggressive Anglican style, the Archdiocese of New Westminster has excommunicated me, so I will not be participating in the sacraments.  When they sent their lawyer after me that was their way of saying, go away, we don't want you.  Okay, I am gone now.

And I am not going to shut up!

No comments:

Post a Comment