Saturday 26 April 2014

Lucky Number Seven

I was told yesterday by someone who practices numerology after calculating my date of birth while we were out on a walk that I am a life path number seven, which means that, among other things I am spiritual and enigmatic.  Here is the full text from a Google search I just did:

Seven is another cerebral number, and those with a Life Path number 7 have a loner quality.

Hmm... This has often been true, whether I've liked it or not.  I like being surrounded by people I love, sometimes.

 They need to learn to have faith. If they do not have faith they tend to become very cynical and escape through drugs, alcohol, work, and geography. They have a love of natural beauty: ocean, green grass, plants, flowers, etc. . .

All true.  I learned at an early age to have faith and to not simply believe but to know Julian of Norwich's famous and eternal words: "...that all shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well." I think that for this reason I never ran afoul of addictions.  My love of natural beauty is at times embarrassing.  Yesterday when I was in transit with a couple of coworkers I was transfixed by the red Japanese azaleas coming into bloom and they thought I was talking about a motor scooter that had just gone by.  It turns out they had never heard of azaleas and likely wouldn't know one if they were peeing on one, which I unfortunately suspect they might have done from time to time.

 Sevens have an air of mystery and do not want you to know who they are. Intellectual, analytical, intuitive, reserved, natural inclination towards spiritual subjects, aloof, loner, pessimistic, secretive, and insecure; are some of the qualities of those born into the Seventh Life path. A person who is a Life Path 7 is a thinker. If your Life Path is a 7 you are wise and studious. You seek truth and wisdom in all that you do, and search for the underlying answers in everything. Your tendency is to be a perfectionist, and you expect the same from those around you.

It is more that a lot of people who meet me get frustrated because they feel they can't figure me out and I generally don't have a clue what to do about this.  And I am not pessimistic, being a glass is half full sort of guy.  I am a selective perfectionist.  There are things I want to do not only well but excel in and I am quite indulgent towards the mediocrity of my fellows. (no, I am not going to type in a smiley emoticon but my dear reader is most welcome to visualise.)

 Because you are most comfortable by yourself, a loner or introvert, you happily give up the stress and turmoil of a busy life in favor of a quiet, peaceful life of solitude. 7 is a spiritual number, and most 7's are drawn to spiritual pursuits.

I like people.  Not all the time, but I do like other people.

 Your love of solitude can make it difficult for you to form close relationships. While you value your independence you may often feel lonely or isolated because you lack closeness with others. Because you spend so much time alone, you may lose your consideration for others and become inflexible. One of the challenges for you is to find a balance between maintaining your solitude while not becoming completely isolated. Seven represents spiritual focus, analysis, being original, independent; If you have this number people often feel like they don't know you; you are a mystery, and some may see you as eccentric.

Having long known these things about myself I have worked hard at balancing.  If anyone calls me eccentric I simply smile and say "Thank you, that's very sweet of you."

 Life path number 7 is the number of a higher awareness, a wider point of view. When all around you are admiring the trees, you're absorbed in the forest. Your lesson is to train yourself to see both. Below are some key points you might want to take into consideration to help you on your path …

Advice well-taken.  You may be afraid of heights, but your heart soars like an eagle.  You probably will always see more widely than most around you.  Oddly enough, this can also lead to a seeming lack of attention to detail.  Don't ignore the details.

This inability with detail along with being a slow worker has cost me many a jot.  Still working on it.

Another way to describe your view of life is that you're frequently in touch with "the force."  The energy of the world can seem like a pond with a mostly smooth surface.  Watch the surface for ripples; many of them are caused by opportunities coming within reach.

Some of those ripples have nearly drowned me!

You have a stable core, but the exterior can keep your friends and family guessing.  You'll more than likely have several careers during your lifetime, or you'll find a way to keep it different and refreshing while you're doing it.  If you owned a restaurant, the menu would probably change monthly, even daily.

I think this is true, though I could never imagine myself owning a restaurant.

Make your vacations into mini-adventures or learning expeditions.  Take a workshop on something you've always wanted to learn and immerse yourself in it.  Or visit a place you've always been curious about and do the same.

This is exactly the way I travel.  For me, if you're bad and you die you go to an all-inclusive.

There's a good chance you'd love learning to fly.

I don't know about that one.  This is an almost chillingly accurate analysis of my personality, or up to a point.

Here is a selection from astrologer Suzanne White's analysis of people such as myself who were born in the western sign of Pisces during the eastern year of the Monkey:

The merry monkey finds a new, more elegant external image under the influence of unrestrained Pisces. The Monkey is normally level headed. His job in the Chinese Zodiac is to solve problems, big and small. Monkeys are born with common sense. Monkeys are natural leaders but not power seekers. They have cunning and stability. A rare combination. Pisces lends spiritual grace and beauty to the nimble and spirited Monkey. The result is a handsome person whose reputation for charm precedes him or her everywhere. This person is also very kind and charitable and giving.

I think this is largely true, but just following this selection it starts talking about our sex lives and, well, I'm asexual, so it really is buyer beware.

All having been said I would say there are so many influences, some so subtle and mysterious that no one can even guess what they are, that form our character that I would have to say that our cosmology consists of such a complex and kaleidoscopic multiverse that it is probably for the sake of our mental health that we are not able to even perceive it.  The human self is still a largely unexplored frontier and we are all so strangely and wonderfully made!

1 comment:

  1. Professionally written blogs are rare to find, however I appreciate all the points mentioned here. I also want to include some other writing skills which everyone must aware of. หวยลาว

    ReplyDelete