Monday 14 April 2014

Sick

I'm afraid that my judgement is a bit clouded today to be able to write well.  I have come down with the sort of cold that makes rest necessary, at least for a couple of hours during the day.  Fortunately my afternoon client cancelled at the last minute so I could go home and rest and still get paid for it.  There is precious little in the way of sick pay where I work and it is always up to the supervisor's discretion.  Twelve dollars an hour, no benefits, no job security.  Any higher paid positions are harder to get, the bar for applying is high and the competition is nuts.  Everything else about my job I love and there is a lot to be grateful for.  I was going to name my employer on this post, but they are notoriously vindictive so everyone is just going to have to guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment