Tuesday 7 April 2015

Back To Work

This is my first day back to work.  It's all gone rather well.  I had an early meeting this morning at 8:30 but I went to sleep extra early last night and got up with plenty of time to get ready.  So, I spent the time having breakfast, sipping coffee and working on a new drawing.  My month in Bogota has really got me in the art mood and instead of reserving drawing for when I'm out, say in a café or in the staff room I am doing it all the time here at home and hence spending less time than ever in front of the goddamn computer.  Here is my bird de jour:                         
Spotting Image 1
  • photo 1
  • photo
  • photo
  • photo
  • photoIt has two names that I know of: blue dacnis (what the hell is a dacnis!? or turquoise honeycreeper (what the hell is a honeycreeper!?) It is a bird from Colombia, among two thousand other avian species.  That's a lotta birds.

The meeting this morning went okay.  I took care not to take a possible slight too personally and it was fun telling coworkers about my trip even though I'm sure I sent some of them posts from my travel blog.  But sometimes it is nicer to hear about it all in person.   My supervisor told me he considers me an inspiration to others.  Wow, what a compliment!  I will take care to not disappoint. Then I saw two different clients.  It is good to be back at work.  The routine is something I have been craving and my kind of work is always personally very gratifying given the way I am able to touch my clients' lives, and vice versa.  I also got to walk a lot in the sunny April air and the spring loveliness is so overwhelming as to be almost a little bit ridiculous.  Such an intoxicating season spring is.

I'm not sure if I'll ever learn to love doing paperwork when I get home but it is necessary and I am trying to work myself into feeling dedicated to this tedious but important detail.

I also mailed my incomplete tax return and had my last coffee visit for maybe the next year or so with my Colombian friend and this week she moves with her husband to LA for the next year or so.  We will be continuing contact by Skype and I hope to really help her more with her English and she is certainly a big help with my Spanish.  Friendship is such a gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment