Wednesday 1 April 2015

Bogota Journal: This Is It Folks, I'm Really Done!

I just got off the plane, feeling all tired and giddy.  What an adventure this visit to Bogota has been for me and I am so appreciative of all of you for letting me share this journey with you.  Home is a wonderful place to return to.  There just ain't nothin' like it.

I spent my last entire day in Bogota visiting Usaquen where I gorged on a love bomb (rich chocolate mousse) and did tonnes of work on drawing number eight.  From there I did a coffee shop hop to Juan Valdez, which is a chain of Bogota coffee shops rather like Blenz and named after that fictitious cliché from the old MJB coffee commercials back in the seventies and eighties.  There, one of the baristas interviewed me in Spanish about my experience of the place.  Following Juan Valdez I squatted in another Colombian chain (owned by a Costa Rican couple) called Oma.  It's kind of like Denny's but with better food.  Plus, the prices are out of this world, Canadian standards. 

The pension is full of guests and I don't mind so much since I'm home now.  I got to the airport okay just past 5 am this morning and had a great talk with the lady driving me.  Got through customs okay and even got a smile or two from some of the airport staff.  I was wedged in the middle seat at the very front by the emergency exit but got through okay, and enjoyed a leisurely lunch at the humongous Houston airport where I did more art and on my connecting flight the middle seat was empty which enabled me to spend the majority of the flight working on the drawing or sleeping.

So, I'm home everybody.  Back to ordinary life.  The Bogota Journal is now closed and I look forward to seeing everyone.  And do feel free to keep reading my blog because I always come up with something to post every day.  I have been focussing on serializing my novel, Thirteen Crucifixions on this blog and I highly encourage all of you to read it.  You know the link: aaronbenjaminzacharias.BlogSpot.com


Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment