Tuesday 14 March 2017

Costa Rica 13

I have been noticiing trucks today, but only because of some of their passengers.  The first one was an open pickup truck with a couple of young guys standing up in the back, apparently unaware or not caring that the bumpy ride on the dirt road could send them both to their eternal reward.  On the way back from Santa Elena there were two other young men riding the back of a pickup sidesaddle, and I had to look twice.  Then, while seated on a bench to admire the view of the Nicoya Peninsula I thought I heard someone hollering to me from a passing vehicle, but it turned out to be a couple of goats bleating from the back of another pickup.  A very human sounding bleat, at that.

I am enjoying becoming better acquainted with some of the local people.  There seems to be a very friendly vibe here and I like to participate in it.  I often have very interesting chats with one of the sons of the family that owns the bed and bed and breakfast, today also with his mother, then later I encountered the son of one of the ladies who works at the soda where I have dinner.  Even if an extended stay in a place can seem a bit long and boring at times, there is the benefit of getting to know the place a bit better and some of the people who live here.  It can also be a very ferile ground for spiritual and self exploration.

I have mentioned that this is for me, principally, a spiritual retreat. I can explain a bit further here.  As I am having more time alone and to be still and away from a lot of the familiar distractions of ordinary life, there are certain memories from my childhood and other parts of my past that have been surfacing, giving me time to get a better perspective of how these early experiences have formed me and influenced the direction of my life, and also how to take concrete steps towards further healing.  It is a rather intense and  laborious and sometimes painful process, but I am ready for this and this signals that it is time for me to grow some more.

I saw again a group of three urracas azules, or blue magpie jays.  They are always in a group of three, for some reason.  I might draw one while I´m here in Monteverde.  Here´s an image again to refresh your memory, if the computer will allow it through its security filtre, if not, just google blue magpie jays google images and you will see them for themselves.

Nope, couldn´t do it.  And now a big fat Canadian SORRY!

No comments:

Post a Comment