Tuesday 9 April 2019

Life As performance Art 4

I really get sick of other people, especially with the game playing, the neediness, the way we exploit one another, the lies, and our absolute inability to cope without one another while constantly lying about our supposed rugged independence and autonomy. No one is autonomous, and no one knows this so well as the person who lives alone. We're really just a race of half-formed beings, and really, we take ourselves way too seriously. You especially run across this throughout social media. I have been for more than ten years a member of the website Conversation Exchange, for people who want to learn or improve another language in exchange for offering support to those learning or who wish to improve theirs. it's been a mixed blessing. I have met some decent people on this site, who have helped me move forward in Spanish, as I have offered them help in English. I have also met on this page some absolute idiots. And I have made friends, though right now I am negotiating the end of a friendship with a Spanish-speaker that has become toxic. I have with this website one particular quibble. Your age is posted right there on your profile. That is the first thing people are going to know about you. I am 63 years old and this site is dominated by people younger than forty. And most of them are ageist. I have contacted dozens of people on this site, who never respond, because they do not want to talk to someone who is 63 years old. I have contacted older people as well, though they are very scarce on these sites, and likely for a lot of reasons. It isn't all that bad. I have a language partner in Colombia and we are in contact on Skype twice a week, and he has become a good friend. But I would like to also have contact with Spanish speakers who live in my city. Except they are all younger and none of them seem to like older people. So, last night, I had a look at the site. Every single person whom I had contacted in the last two or three months, was still searching for a language partner, and not one single one of them had bothered to even respond to my queries. So, I sent each one of those little losers a one word message. Adios. That's all. One of them actually responded with the lame excuse that he already has a language partner. What I think he was really saying was that he was holding out for someone his age. In the meantime, as a joke, I have redone my profile on the website: " Description Adios, pendejos. No voy a perder ningun mas a tales imbeciles engreídos como ustedes. Hobbies and interests Ya soy viejo, y la mayoría de ustedes son zopencos agistes. No me aburren mas." Here is the translation "Goodbye you useless dumbasses. I am not wasting anymore time on such stuck-up imbeciles as the likes of you. I am old now, and most of you are snotty little morons., Don't bore me. I am sure that no one is going to respond, and I no longer care. I just want to tell those selfish little bastards what I think of them and move on. Already my Spanish is fluent, better than their English, so they probably need me more than I need them, though I do enjoy speaking the language of Cervantes and Goya. So, I'm not taking any of this seriously, though it is fun to smack the little wankers around a bit, just to let them know what I really think of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment