Tuesday 2 June 2020

What's Next? 2

I have a work meeting on Zoom this morning.  I don't know how much longer I will be working at this particular site.  I simply don't like it there, and this is largely because my supervisor and I don't have the easiest relationship.  I think we generally get along okay, but there are some political and philosophical differences that can get a bit wearing over time.  I do plan to leave this site when or before I retire.  Perhaps very soon.  It is hard to say...

Well, we had the meeting, and it went very well.  And my supervisor seems pleasantly different, supportive.  Flexible.  Maybe I'll stick around a bit longer.  Things are changing every month in my workplace, and there is no telling what is going to happen next.

I still don't know...much...of...anything.  All we have right now is...the right now.  This present moment. This divine gift from our divine creator and maker and sustainer.    There is so much awful news in the world. But I still hold that there is good in the world and while we cannot afford to ignore the evil, we must still maintain our focus on the good.

I have no idea what is coming.  None of us do.  We can only wait, and make the best possible use of the present moment.  To ignore the evil that spews out of the mouth of President Dump and to work on caring for one another, being not simply nice, but kind...to open our hearts and our minds.  We are always occupying the seat of the unlearned.  But we don't always know this.  Knowing this more, knowing how little we know, is going to be the fount and source of all our wisdom.

This is the era of new beginnings, Gentle Reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment