Wednesday 28 September 2016

Sweet Dreams Are Made Of...

What I am right now is tired.  I worked all day, sort of. 

(Two hours later)

What I am right now is kind of awake.  I napped all evening, sort of.

There must be better ways of writing a blogpost than this, but frankly, Gentle Reader, this is one of these rare days when a brain fart is only a brain fart.  I did have a pleasant enough day.  It started earlier than usual, as I am retiring earlier and getting up earlier these past few days, to accommodate my earlier starts at work, but also for the pleasure of enjoying a longer than usual walk in the early morning on those days this week that don't begin with an early meeting, and time besides to sit in a café somewhere with my sketchbook.  Still, getting up at five am or earlier does wear on one after a while and that is going to be the gist of this little essay, Gentle Reader.

I could write about work but I have to be confidential about my clients and my employers are very thin-skinned about criticism, so, darlings, you are going to have to just read between the lines.

My supervisor did give me some printed material about motivational interviewing.  In less than fifty words it's about facilitating a client to come up with their own solutions by knowing what not to say and not what to ask.  I am informed that this is a very difficult skill to acquire and I believe this.  I would say it's more like going through a character transformation than simply learning new techniques.

I'm probably not going to have time nor energy to paint tonight.

It's all for the best.

Sweet dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment