Wednesday 23 December 2020

The Peacock 17

 "In the community in Switzerland we often all ate together, in the community chalet", says Carl, picking up the thread again.  "It was Father Griffin's second day with us. I remember a beautiful day in early June and the summer sun was so intense.  Melissa and I, following dessert, asked him if he would come for a walk with us."

Melissa says, "I should mention here that Father Griffin already knew who I was.  The first time we saw each other in Switzerland, oh, the look on his face, like maybe I would have to call the paramedics.  You see, when I met him the first time, he didn't go so far as to say what he was doing there in that house, but I figured it out pretty fast.  It was his house.  He owned it, and lived there part time.  The banker dude was his boyfriend.   And was actually purchasing sex from my big brother. You could only imagine how I must have felt about all that.  But I also was wise enough, even at thirteen, to understand that Carl was doing this for me, and I still absolutely trusted him, and you know, I still absolutely trust you Carl", she said, turning to her brother, who grins in response.

Aaron suddenly asks, "What is it, exactly, that Father Griffin  said to you, Melissa?"

Carl replies, "Really, Aaron, if there's anyone in this room who would know all the details, wouldn't you be that person?  After all, brother, you are the mastermind behind all this''.  Carl is grinning.  And so is Aaron.

Aaron lets out a loud and abrupt laugh.  "Only following orders, dude, I have only been following orders!"

Melissa, also laughing, says, "That's enough you guys, we don't want to make our other guests nervous.  They might think this is a conspiracy, you know."

Carol says abruptly, "Well, I should certainly like to know what is going on here."  She is not smiling, she is rather indignant.

"My, what a tangled web we weave,," Aaron says giggling.

"Do you mean to tell us that this retreat is all some kind of tasteless joke?", Carol says, her voice rising a little.

Carl interjects, "I mean to say that everything will be told in time.  Please be patient with us, this is going to be a long and tangled tale..."

No comments:

Post a Comment