Friday 25 December 2020

The Peacock 19


"Father Griffin still did not know who I was.  He had met only Melissa.  But I also knew Father Griffin.  When the banker dude and I got back from shopping, she took me aside and told me all about their conversation.  He was still in the house, talking to the banking dude.  Rather, he was chewing him out.  I still remember his diatribe word for word.  'What was the idea of bringing those kids in here, anyway.  Why didn't you turn them over to the authorities?  They were clearly lost and missing and in bad need of adult supervision.'  The banker dude answered, exasperated, that the boy, being me, was an adult, being eighteen and that Melissa was my sister.  He also called Father Griffin by his, shall we say, Christian name, Robert. But Father Griffin would have none of it.  'And how long have you had them here?  Four weeks at least, according to what the girl told me.  What are you doing with the boy?  Buying sex off him?  Don't lie to me, you little bastard.'  At this point, the banker dude was muttering something, but clearly father Griffin, or Robert, had the upper hand.  I had disappeared upstairs, but I could still see them clearly because I was staring down through the bannister..  For some reason, I didn't want this guy, Robert Griffin, to see me.  I still don't know why I felt the need to hide.  But then something really unusual happened.  The banker dude loudly and clearly enunciated that no he was not buying sex off of me.  Then Melissa completely lost it.  She screamed, "You fucking liar!"  How dare you tell lies!  You´ve been buying sex off my brother since we got here, and he's been doing it to keep me alive!  And then I heard her crying. Both men lowered their voices, I think to help calm her, but also to begin negotiations.  I had already been planning our escape, since the banker dude was all set to rent out my little sister to one of his filthy friends.  I had already lifted around five hundred dollars from his wallet.  We were getting set to leave, as soon as possible.  I heard the door slam.  They had both gone out.  Melissa came upstairs. They had given her a thousand dollars, silence money, and the price of our freedom.  Father Griffin did not want a scandal.  So the deal was, he gave Melissa the contact information for the Dutch consulate.  As soon as we knew no one was around, we packed our things, and left..."

No comments:

Post a Comment