Thursday 18 February 2021

The Peacock 75

 "Your father was homophobic."

"No, not exactly."

"Were you out to him?  Did he know you were gay?"

"Well, he was my father.   And even I don't know that I'm gay."

"But you like men."

"Kind of."

"Have you ever had a boyfriend?"

"I can't say that I have.  How about you?"

"Likewise.  For me" says Carl, "It was all casual sex or gay for pay."

"But you had a girlfriend.  Tell me something Carl, please..."

"Katrina and I never slept together, that's what you were going to ask, right?"

"Because..."

"I wanted to be faithful to Christ as I understood him at the time, and also to the community.  Even if I was living alone, I was still part of what was going on there.  And my mother even to this day seems to have quite a strong say in how I am going to live my life.  Which is why I'm living here in this ridiculous palace out in the wilderness.  The choice was here or Switzerland.  Here at least I have autonomy and some distance from the old girl.  And as far as women are concerned, I'm still a virgin."

"But you're attracted to women."

"Decidedly", Carl says.

"But you still prefer men."

"Most decidedly, I'm afraid." Carl says, looking a little bit uneasy.  "But Cosme, or, Christopher, what about you and, what was her name, Greta?"

"What about us?"

"Tell me how you both met."


No comments:

Post a Comment