Saturday 29 March 2014

I Can Smell Water

 It rained today in the afternoon, plainly, abundantly, fiercely and in the free--falling wrath that can be found only in nature.  I fortunately made it into a restaurant for an early dinner just before the sky let loose. There was thunder, wind, and then the light shower became a cloudburst.  It lasted only around twenty minutes.  It  is a nice restaurant that serves a kind of modern Mexican cuisine with brightly coloured plastic chairs.  I could envision such a place in Yaletown or Kitsilano, maybe in Mount Pleasant.
     I am feeling tired these days and frankly and openly bored which means it is time to get back into the saddle at home in Vancouver.  My life feels on hold now and it seems as if I have passed much longer than a month here.  This is such a beautiful country and it is such a shame that so many Mexicans shit on their own country.  I am anxious to go home.  I can smell water.

No comments:

Post a Comment