Friday 14 March 2014

Puebla, Day Seven

I wandered into the wealthy section of Puebla.  It was the trees.  Rich neighbourhoods tend to have a lot of trees and Puebla is no exception and I tend to be attracted to trees.  So, when I saw that silly looking mansion that looked like a cross between the Alhambra, a mosque and a sultan's palace I knew I was in a different 'hood.  I wandered up an uphill road to the top of the hill, quite a climb, but what a view and came across a big forested partk (more like open woodland) next to a universtiy campus.  Nothing near the scale of the forest of Pacific Spirit Park but still a nice relief after a lot of city.  There is a cafe there, The York Cafe (good Spanish name, eh?) with lots of windows and a view of the city.  I stayed there for maybe over an hour working on a drawing.  When I descended the hill I stopped in a park with a fountain surrounded by benches decorated in coloured tiles and began to resume work on the drawing.  Shortly after a young couple stopped to chat and seemed interested in my artwork.  They are very young and engaged.  She works in a department store and he is studying graphic design and showed me his sketch book.  A very talented drawer.  We must have visited for around a half hour or so.  Then I wandered back into town, made like a tourist and bought a sarape at the craft market.

No comments:

Post a Comment