Saturday 22 March 2014

Puebla, Day Fifteen

This is my final night in Puebla.  I am glad to be going and I won't be back.  Despite the beautiful architecture this city is hideous.  When I was approaching Puebla two weeks ago by cab I found it so shabby and ugly that I only wished that I could have turned back immediately.  Even the nicer areas seem, I don't know, but I made the best of my two weeks and it hasn't been that bad.  I forced it to work for me and now I can go.  And the architecture is wonderful.  I stumbled across a tour group from, I think, Germany, and they seemed competely enthralled with the place and one woman could not quit snapping photos.  But there is something about the people, the energy here that I simply do not like.  And this could well be something to do more with Mexico than with Puebla.  I am not a huge fan of Mexico.  I do like Mexico City, at least I like Coyoacan and el Paseo de la Reforma and parts of Roma and of course Chapultepec Park.  But Mexico City is in many ways a very different entity from Mexico, even though they are the same country.  Tomorrow I return to Coyoacan for just over a week then April 1 I fly back to Canada.  It can't happen soon enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment