Sunday 11 May 2014

Passing On The Peace

I had a particularly bad day in church today.  When we were downstairs for coffee following the service I felt essentially avoided and shunned by others so I sat alone with my drawing after which I took down the three paintings I have loaned on display and taken them home with me.  For reasons I still don't understand I am or seem to be widely disliked at my church, I do not understand why or what I have done to deserve this and no one will say anything.  If I had another church to go to then I would leave but there are no available alternatives.
     What I particularly don't get is why we are expected to exchange the peace with one another upstairs if, downstairs some of us are going to treat others like dirt under their shoes.  I for one am sick of this.  I have already sent an email to one person who has been carrying a long term grudge against me.  This individual was particularly warm to me during the service as we exchanged the peace (this person approached me) and then downstairs refused to give me the time of day.  I have since emailed my co-parishioner and said that if there is going to be no reconciliation then please do not exchange the peace with me and that once this person has agreed to reconcile then we will pass the peace.  Until then with this person I am going to pass on the peace.
     I am upset about this.  I am not casting any more pearls before these swine.  I may look for another church, perhaps a different denomination, or maybe I'll stay at home Sundays.  I am sick of reaching out to people who don't like me.  Especially under the auspices of Christian Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment