Tuesday 16 April 2024

The Peacock 1213

 He also brought you something."

"Me?"

Carl reaches to the coffee table and hands me a sprig of leaves.  He places it in my hand.  Just then, Francois has just come downstairs.  He is resplendent in white pyjamas, his ebony skin creating the most incredible and beautiful contrast.

"We didn't wake you up, I hope", says Carl.

"No, I woke up and couldn't get back to sleep.  Came down for a snack.  You guys want some toast and honey?"

"Nothing would please me more", says Carl.  "Chris?"

"Sure,  Can we have some cheese with that?"

"Cheddar or Jarlsberg?"

"Cheddar."

"Me too", says Carl.  "Can I help?"

"Stay where you are", says Francois.

"What is this?"

Rub the leaf gently and smell it."

"It's lemony.

"It's called lemon balm.  A healing herb.  He said to take care of it and later he will return to retrieve it from you..."

No comments:

Post a Comment