Monday 1 April 2024

1197

 "What is ir?" says Carl when I emerge into the living room.  Francois has ceded space for George on the couch and Carl and Jeffrey both occupy the armchairs.

"Greta has tracked him.  She just sent him a threatening text."

"What's he going to do?"

"I told him to get rid of his phone, and in the meantime to not accept any more calls or texts that are not from me."

"Then what."

" I told him I'd buy him a new phone tomorrow:"

"We can do that together.  I have to go out there tomorrow anyway to see my mom."

"Thanks.  That would be a great help."

"What's this all about?" says Jeffrey.

"It's kind of long and complicated.  But there's this guy my ex wife is living with in Sweden and they're involved in some kind of nefarious network in which they are trying to implicate Erik, her brother.  That is why he came here to stay with me, to try to escape from them."

"Won't this be putting you, and by extension, us, in danger?" says George.  "I mean, haven't we already had enough of this kind of drama?"

"And you guys came to us, expecting a boring and normal life", says Francois.  "Oh,  you are just too funny!"


No comments:

Post a Comment