Monday, 10 August 2026
2011
A loud confident knock sounds on the front door, and I have just sprung from out of the kitchen to answer it, almost knocking down Carl who was just getting up to do the same. And here they are, Kenny, with Amaris standing on his left. He is smiling broadly as they proceed their way in before I can say anything.
"You sly old dog you", he says, slipping off his shoes by the door, Amaris following suit. "You didn't give me the address because you knew if it wasn't really me we would be lost."
"And you didn't need to wait to be asked to take off your shoes", as we enter the living room, and he already knows his way around. Before claiming a spot on the couch next to Amaris, Kenny chimes, "You haven't done one single thing to change this place. It is exactly as I remember it." Then, glancing around, he notes, "Except for that landscape painting, the small one by the window."
"Dad, just a year before he died, was giving a lot of support to Leonora Vandervene.
"She was married to, what's his name, Cornelius, or Larry."
"You do have a gdood memory. Larry passed away and..."
"Yes, I remember, Leonora was an artist and that does look like her work. Beautiful..."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment