Saturday, 22 August 2026

2020

"There would be more room in the house in New West", says Carl in the subdued rigid tone that can be best understood as fluent jealous boyfriend, even though we are not boyfriends.   "I am supposed to be here", says Ethan. "Orders?" says Kenny. "Exactly so.  Orders. "Welcome", says Francois, getting up and extending his hand to Ethan, who stands up and enfolds him in an affectionate bearhug. "Where have you been living previously?" asks Erik, always the practical Swede. "Apart from the dream sequences of being in that mansion, and my sense of really being an early Christian martyr, I was forced to live with my mother by court order." "Court order?" say I.  "What were you doing" "I was living in a shared house with other students, but started going around naked.  I would tie my keys and wallet around my neck, then get on my bike and ride to school...I also wore my helmet...in my birthday suit." "Whatever for?" says Carl. "i was often reliving the trauma of being crucified, of hanging naked for total public exposure.  Somehow, it helped me feel close to God, and then I landed in a locked room at the Eric Martin institute.  I was diagnosed with schizoaffective and schizotypal disorder, put on meds and ordered to live with Mom...

No comments:

Post a Comment