Saturday, 15 August 2026

2016

"Does this seem to cover everything?" says Kenny, receiving back from Francois the signed document. "I think that should work for now", say I. "So that if there is any doubt over the veracity of these recollections should they occur, especially when we all have succumbed to collective amnesia", says Kenny, "then we can refer back to this document."  And now I am reminded of another side to Kenny I seem to have forgotten, but respect and admire: he was always very efficient and very thorough.  He said he had to  become that way from the very process and constant hard work of living in and out of drag as Cassandra. "I have just finished eating", says Francois, "So while Carl and Erik...hint, hint...are cleaning up and doing the dishes, I can transcribe this onto my laptop and send everyone copies, including our friends who are absent.  And given how stubborn we can all be when we can't remember, I also recommend that we post the handwritten original in a highly visible place, perhaps the fridge door." and now there are three loud knocks on the front door and I am about to choke on the slice of vintage cheddar I have just put in my mouth, because I have heard that same knock oh very recently.  Carl gets up to open the door, and into my father's living room steps none other than Tron, or Ethan, random bike dude...

No comments:

Post a Comment