Thursday, 13 August 2026

2014

Amaris is suddenly gone, perhaps disappeared, but Kenny right now is seated alone on the couch. "Where did she go?" "Who." "Your friend from the Refuge. Amaris." "She wasn't here" "What?" I am silently appealing. first to Erik, now to Carl. "Did...Did Kenny come here alone?" "I have been with you since yesterday", he says, a slight perplexed smile adorning his lips. "I am afraid he is telling the truth"; says Carl. Erik?" "I think you should let me explain a thing or two", says Kenny. "Both versions are correct. I was here with you guys since we ran into you yesterday in the cafĂ©, and I only just arrived here ten minutes ago." "But"...and now the words are failing me. This is happening again. "And your friend?" "I imagine she's still in Richmond. Chris...it's okay, you are a portal between the two dimensions that have just come together. It is all true. But right now you are with us... We are eating buffet style in the living room, and Kenny has shoved his plate of food aside on the coffee table in order to focus on note taking.  "Okay, he says, to begin with, "The Refuge is a real place that exists outside of real time as we know it.  We have all been there.  It occupies the top of a small mountain on an uncharted Gulf island that now is suddenly on the map, with a tiny populated village.  Even though we have all been there, in the company of Jesus as a youth of sixteen or so in appearance only, and his parents, Joseph and Mary, who appear very aged but also strong and robust.  We also have to accept the possibility that with the merging of the dimensions, the Refuge may or may not be visible or traceable to the mortal eye....everyone here, Chris, Carl, Francois, and Erik...will you agree to add your signature...I see everyone is nodding...Okay, put down your forks and get busy..."  He passes the notepad to me with a pen.  I sign it, then pass it to Francois, who does the same, and passes it to Erik, then to Carl, all signing the document, then Carl returns it to Kenny...

No comments:

Post a Comment