Saturday 2 January 2021

The Peacock 29

 Aaron continues: "Father Griffin was pretty nonchalant when I talked to him. He simply said, "oh yes, Donny, a very nice young man."  Then he walked away from me. I decided it wouldn't be worth my time or effort pursuing this further.  However, I could no longer stomach him as a priest.  Not that I ever could.  I mean, it is one thing to accept that no one is perfect and we all make mistakes, but this little reptile was using his clerical robes as a cover for basically doing whatever the hell he wanted.  He just was going to go on hitting on and seducing any handsome young male in his path, relying on his denomination's obsession with appearing socially progressive in matters of homosexuality as a convenient excuse for his self-serving actions.  There was fortunately another priest on staff who shared my concerns about Griffin, and we were also good friends.  We were also quite agreed that turning a blind eye to Griffin's class of excess and welcoming same sex couples into the church were two different and contradictory things.

They were soon at war with each other, even preaching  against each other...in the same pulpit  But Griffin was such a reptile.  He even physically attacked a guy for standing up to his abusive behaviour, and had to be pulled off him since he had knocked him to the floor and was trying to strangle him.  His victim, though male, evidently was neither handsome or young.   He was actually one of the local street people who used to come into the church for the services and then for coffee and buns with marmalade after.  But Griffin seemed to have a chronic hate on for the local poor.

I just simply avoided him, and tried to continue with the ministry.  Though it was rather awkward having to field questions and comments from guys who were getting very annoyed with his attentions. And really, it was very difficult in some ways, because as I mentioned, the Anglican Church has this really lame obsession with appearing socially progressive.  Remember, I said appearing because appearances of virtue have always mattered more to those hypocrites than the real goods themselves."

"Aaron" barks Carol, "I sincerely and most heartily object to the content of your little discourse.  Could you please have done with it! I will not sit here and have the church that I love vilified like this! And what about poor Father Griffin!  Where is he in all of this?  If he could but even guess that you were slandering him this way..."

"Carol", asserts Carl.  "Let him finish.  Robert, or Father Griffin, is fully aware of the content of this talk we are giving about him.  He fully endorses what we are doing.  In fact, it was his idea."

"Well", she says, leaning back with resignation, "I daresay."


No comments:

Post a Comment