Saturday 30 January 2021

The Peacock 56

 "So", Carl says, "Were you forbidden to return to St. James?"

"My father knew better than to forbid me.  I was a really strong willed kid. and this was frustrating for him, because I was also really gentle and compliant."

"But once you set your mind to something..."

"Then nothing could stop me.  Next morning at breakfast we had a talk, and he simply told me the same thing.  Go there as much as I want, but know my limits.  He also said that he was aware that Father Griffin would remain part of the draw for me, and that I should especially be wary, not of him, but of the fascination I had for him.  He also told me that when he talked with Stephen they both agreed to draw up some plans for getting him out of there, and the sooner the better.  There was one little problem, being Father David, the rector, who was also gay, but very discreet about it.  I think it's absolutely disgusting the way they hid there own gross behaviour behind the skirts of Anglican tolerance and progressive views on gay rights.  But try to persuade them that bedding rent boys in the rectory was not quite the same thing as marriage equality and adoption rights and just listen to their polite Anglican howls of indignation."

"So the rector was in on it too? At least I heard Robert allude to it."

"He used to go on dirty vacations in Hawaii and the Caribbean.  Posh resorts of course.  Typical Anglican hypocritical swine.  They really covered each other's asses.  I returned the following Sunday.  Griffin was the celebrant.  Later, in the coffee room, he tried to engage me in chitchat.  Then, without referring to our previous visit, he invited me out for lunch with him."

"What did you say?"

"I asked him how much he was going to pay me."

Carl burst out laughing, "I didn't know you had it in you!"

"No worries, man.  That's all I had in me."

"So, what did Robert do?"

"He asked how much I wanted."

"What!"

"I demanded from him a hundred bucks, cash, in advance.  He told me to wait a bit, and I said I wasn't going to wait.  So, he reached into his cassock, after retreating to a corner with me where no one would notice.  He counted out five twenties then placed them in my hand.  Then he told me to wait for him to change into his civvies.  I asked him if he was too much of a coward for people to see that he was a priest buying the favours of a teenage boy.  Really, Carl, I don't know what got into me, but I was having lots of fun messing with his head like that."

"I didn't know you were so good.  So, what happened?"

"I started to walk away from him.  He tried to say something, then I showed the money in my hand.  There were still plenty of parishioners in the room.  And I looked at him, smiled , and said, one false move, and everyone gets to know.  He stood there, paralyzed.  I got on a bus, went home.  Dad was back from church.  I gave him the money."

"Then what happened?"

No comments:

Post a Comment