Thursday 28 January 2021

The Peacock 54

 "Of course, even as a naïve seventeen year old, I could already guess where everything was headed, and I was frantically trying to draw up an escape plan.  Father Griffin was serving scotch on the rocks, and yes, he was seated right next to me on his plush little sofa, and it was little.  More of a loveseat.  Then he put his hand on my knee.  Then he kissed me on the mouth.  I didn't exactly respond, and I did back away a little.  I wasn't exactly repulsed, just really perplexed about my role in the matter.  Then he started to tell me about his favourite ways of having sex.  Instead of feeling disgusted, or attracted, I simply felt mesmerized.  Like a rat cornered by a viper.  And I had already had enough scotch to drink in order to fog my mind just a little bit too much."

Carl is staring at me intently, in a way that I find so penetrating as to almost want him to please leave me in peace, even if I happen to be sleeping in his room.  I return the look, as though to silently snarl at him the words, Yeah, what?  All he says is, "None of this at all surprises me.  Do go on, please."

"Fortunately, my bladder came to the rescue.  I had remembered not to take off my shoes, and was greatly relieved that that wasn't being expected of me.  I was also still wearing my jacket.  When he asked me to take it off, I honestly felt cold and insisted on keeping it on.  I excused myself, went to the bathroom that he shared with Father Stephen, where I peed, then just as I was opening the bathroom door, there was Father Stephen standing by his open door, jingling his car keys.  Can I give you a ride home, was all he said.  I replied, yes, please, and before Father Griffin could come out of his suite to track me down, we were in the car and on our way back to my father's house where I lived..."


No comments:

Post a Comment