Sunday 31 March 2024

The Peacock 1196

 "Hi Erik.  What is it?"

"Greta.  She just sent me a text."  He looks truly terrified right now, barely able to get out the words.

"What did she say?"

"She just says they know I'm in Vancouver and that I'll be staying with you.  Thing is that they think I'm staying right now in the condo downtown.   They really are pretty stupid.  They haven't even guessed that I would be under quarantine."

"Have you responded?"

"No."

"Good man.  Listen, throw away your phone.  I will bring you a new one tomorrow.  And I am going to do the same for myself just in case she tries to contact me.  In the meantime, don't respond to any calls that are not from me."

"Okay."

"How's your chocolate supply?"

"Getting low."

"How about the books."

"Could you bring me one or two more"  I'm reading fast and voraciously..."

No comments:

Post a Comment